Friday, July 17, 2009

Update


This week in Charleston has really put my life into perspective. I now understand how extremely lucky I am to have a safe house to sleep at night. I’ve always taken little things for granted. We are all so blessed to have had this opportunity to see and experience things like this. I’ve also learned that I need to see myself and other people through God’s eyes. He sees no fault in any of us and I need to remember that all the time instead of judging other people and myself so harshly. “Give me your eyes” is probably my new favorite song. This trip has been very fun and rewarding.
Thanks,
Deanna & Carson

It's Friday night and we have finished our work for the week with the 3 Marys. We worked for 2 Mary Browns and 1 Mary Miller. We finished one Mary Brown's yesterday, had a little bit more on the 2nd Mary Brown's, and worked hard painting at Mary Miller's today. Today was a day of great work.
We've had a great time during our group times and the students seem to be engaging our theme "Give me Your Eyes." I'll try to get you one more update before the end.

Thanks,
Casey

No comments: