Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Best Present of All


The past two weeks of my summer have been so amazing; I feel like each moment has changed who I am as a person. I was on the mission trip to Charleston and then went straight to Fun in the Son. In Charleston, we helped three really special women and I felt that I grew so much closer to God in my faith. I also spent a lot of time with really close friends and we’re like a family now. The time in South Carolina drew to a close quickly though, and we moved on to Georgia. I didn't go to Fun in the Son last year, so I didn't know what to expect.

Honestly, I can’t even begin to explain how amazing that week was. I don’t think I can put words to my feelings during those few days. My birthday was the first full day in Jekyll Island, and the best present of all was feeling so close to Christ. During the evening program that night I felt as if the speaker was talking directly at me. It was so strange; I hadn’t ever felt like that before. The things he kept saying applied to my life at that very moment. It seemed like he knew what was going on in my head. And then the next night, it happened again. This time, he told everyone to go find their own little spot to ask where God was leading us. I went and sat down and just looked up at the sky.


I remember seeing the outline of the top of a palm tree I was sitting under, and I could hear the waves crashing, and I looked up at all the stars and I was just amazed at how incredible God is. I had so much on my mind, and there was so much going on in my life, but right then, I felt like He took it all away. When we went back inside, the speaker talked for a little while longer. Again, everything he was saying completely applied to me. Then he asked if there was anyone who felt like God was calling to commit themselves right then. And I don’t even remember raising my hand, but I looked up and it was there. That night I really committed myself to Christ. It was so incredible; I don’t think there are words to describe it.

Almost more than anything else, I remember all the people that were with me through that night and the rest of that week. I think of everyone who was there as a big family and I don’t think they’ll ever know how much it means to me. Basically, those two weeks were a huge step in my walk with Christ and I feel like I’m back on the right path now. And I have proof now that God has a plan for my life and I can’t wait to see the rest of it!
-Courtney (:


*********************************************************
...and finally, one last pic of Kieren!



1 comment:

Casey and Sarah said...

Courtney, such an amazing description of what God did in you. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing!